Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Connection via Bluetooth on Treo700p?

What is the best way to use a Treop to connect to the internet? I can discover the Treo on bluetooth but cannot connect using it. The only way I see in the Help menus is to use the Bluetooth Modem and Internet Connect with a modem connection.

Is that the right way? It doesn't seem to work.

However, I can use Bluetooth for file transfers and other stuff.

G5 PM 2.0GHz/1.5GB dual MBP 15" 2.0GHz/2GB G3 B&W 400MHz, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Apr 19, 2007 5:19 PM

7 replies

May 5, 2007 12:06 PM in response to HenryS

It depends on whether you have the data package with your cell carrier. I have Sprint and with a data package, I can surf using any phone with the bluetooth device. To do that you would have to configure in system's preference, network, and your phone should be automatically discovered. Then you can create a new location. Then under the show network status, select bluetooth. Then under the bluetooth modem I select Sprint PCS Vision. It all depends on your carrier. But there are lot of choices for other brands of cell phones. Then under PPP, I generally just enter the phone number #777. And hit dial now. You will see a phone icon to the right side of your menu bar. For future use you would simply click on that and click connect. Hope that helps.

May 7, 2007 7:09 PM in response to Glyn Williams1

with my Treo 650, I had to:

#1 make sure DUN (dial up networking) was OFF on the phone
#2 Pair it (you'll see that the mac tells you there are basically NO options for your phone).
#3 Turn DUN on on your phone
#4 go back into the Bluetooth prefs on the mac, click on your phone in the list and hit the Configure button.

At this point you should see that same screen that before listed NO options, only now it'll list that you can connect to the internet with this phone.

Once that's done you should be able to enter the #777 number and choose the Sprint Vision driver from the list and you'll be good to go (that is, if the 700 works like the 650 did).

May 8, 2007 10:06 AM in response to HenryS

10.4.9 allows for a Bluetooth PAN. You need to setup your Treo for use as a modem, per your manual and your carrier. You then marry the phone to the Mac. Set your Treo to do a Bluetooth connect "Internet sharing" to your phone network and Mac. Under your Bluetooth Icon at the top of your screen, you will see "Connect to Treo Bluetooth network" or something along those lines. After you are connected, if your Treo is setup per your carrier, you can now access the Web at the speed of your carrier network. I use a T-Mobile Dash and connect around 200K.

Michael

Internet Connection via Bluetooth on Treo700p?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.