Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how does a powerpoint on mac work on a pc if i save it to a flashdrive?

see what happened to me was, is that i made a powerpoint on my laptop and i had copied pictures from websites and then i saved it onto my flashdrive. so then i use my dad's hp laptop and i put in the flashdrive and when i open up my powerpoint none of my pictures are there and it says something about quicktime. so what do i do so that the pictures in my powerpoint show up on a pc?

Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 20, 2007 1:27 PM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2007 1:41 PM in response to PreviousGirl21

Actually i have this same issue EVERYTIME i need to do a powerpoint presentation at school, church, or anywhere else since not everyone is on a mac. I was thinking of just buying the VGA adapter and connecting my macbook directly to the projector. From what i hear, its software that you have to purchase that allows the pictures to convert to window's format. If anyone has an idea of how to get around this, it would be great. But if not, i'd like to know where to get that software also.

Sorry i couldnt be of any help, but youre not the only one with this issue =)

Apr 20, 2007 2:38 PM in response to PreviousGirl21

My personal favourite way of doing it is to do the presentation in Keynote (Probably because I like keynote :D) and then exporting to power point, it actually works better than the Microsoft converter IMO. Or else save it as a quicktime movie and put the quicktime installer on your flash drive.

P.S. Make sure you move the file off of the flash drive before you do your presentation.

Apr 20, 2007 7:56 PM in response to bad_andy0881

actually i found a very easy way to fix this problem!! okay so here's what you do. when you're on a website and you find a picture that you want to put in your powerpoint, instead of copying it, what you do is right click and save it to your desktop. then open it up from your desktop and then click file then save as and where it says "format" save it as "BMP" which is for windows. after you save it as that then when you are in powerpoint go to insert, picture, from file, and choose the BMP picture you saved and then it should work on a pc!! 😀

Apr 20, 2007 8:01 PM in response to PreviousGirl21

when you're on a website and you find a picture that you want to put in your powerpoint, instead of copying it, what you do is right click and save it to your desktop. then open it up from your desktop and then click file then save as and where it says "format" save it as "BMP" which is for windows. after you save it as that then when you are in powerpoint go to insert, picture, from file, and choose the BMP picture you saved and then it should work on a pc!! 😀

~i solved it myself~

Apr 20, 2007 8:22 PM in response to PreviousGirl21

An old but ongoing problem with MS Office. Check out this site here:

http://www.thrrrust.com/~pclark/blog/2004/12/quicktime-and-tiff-lzw-decompressor .html

There's a couple of workarounds suggested in the comments. One that isn't: presumably you're using Safari. To copy/paste images from webpages to an PowerPoint (or any MS Office app), try using Firefox instead.

The root cause, for those interested, seems to be explained in the last comment on the page. Basically, apps built using Carbon and Cocoa frameworks store copied images in the clipboard differently. Copying from Safari or Preview (Cocoa) to PowerPoint (Carbon) result in this "Quicktime" problem when opening it on Windows. Copying from Firefox to PowerPoint (both Carbon) should be okay.

Macbook 2 GHz C2D Mac OS X (10.4.8) 1 GB RAM

how does a powerpoint on mac work on a pc if i save it to a flashdrive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.