Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adelphia to Comcast

Has anyone had difficulty transferring from Adelphia to Comcast? I could not connect to Comcast's Server. Finally I deleted my Adelphia Accounts on Mail, and recreated them. This worked.

imac Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 21, 2007 12:37 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2007 7:43 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Comcast has acquired Adelphia. After the initial switch to Comcast, I changed the email address,server to Comcast. I could not send or receive any mail in Apple's Mail Program. I had to delete these accounts and recreate them. The Adelphia.mail was forwarded to Comcast(webmail) but not to my Mail program. Comcast stated that they would continue forwarding the Adelphia.mail until December 2007.

Apr 21, 2007 8:54 PM in response to mba36

As you discovered, it is better to create a new account in such a situation instead of changing the incoming mail server and/or user name for an existing account.

This is based on the account and associated mailbox filing structure at the Finder level.

When creating an account with Mail, an account named folder is created within the Mail folder at Home > Library > Mail which is named by the user name and incoming mail server for the account.

Adelphia to Comcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.