Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Isof

Over the past week, a process called "Isof" has frequently taken up nearly 100% CPU usage on my Macbook Pro C2D. I quit all open applications and even widgets, but Activity Monitor is still showing this activity as active.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks.

Macbook Pro C2D 2.16 Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 23, 2007 7:57 AM

5 replies

Apr 23, 2007 8:24 AM in response to PxPx83

Hi PxPx83!

I have no first-hand knowledge, but I found lsof - Wikipedia

Quote; "LSOF is a command meaning "list of open files", which is used in many Unix-like systems that is used to report a list of all open files and the processes that opened them. It works in and supports several UNIX flavors."

Maybe something here lsof process and CPU usage - The macosxhints Forums, will give you a clue.

Good Luck!

ali b

Apr 25, 2007 7:33 AM in response to PxPx83

You're Welcome PxPx83!

I'm happy that you resolved the issue. Good Job!

I suspected it may be related to Widgets, as that was mentioned in the macosxhints link, that I Previously Posted. As well as checking the Parent Process to identify the culprit.

Also, I notice that you have marked your question as answered, but have not utilized the Helpful or Solved options. That may be intentional, but, if you are not aware of the benefits, of using that function, here is some information.

When you mark the appropriate posts as Helpful (5 pts) 2 available, or Solved (10 pts) 1 available, you are Thanking the contributors, by awarding them points.

In threads with multiple replies, it also alerts other readers, to which answers may have been helpful, or solved the issue.

This info, and more, can be viewed by clicking on
? Help & Terms of Use, located under your login name, on all "Discussions" pages.

Specifically What are question answers?.

The Helpful and Solved buttons, that award points, are to the left of the Reply button in each response. User uploaded file

This is only a courtesy. Not a requirement, nor mandatory.

ali b

Isof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.