Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to play a .wmv on a Mac??

Obviously I am new to the MAC but got my system in today and It is Kick @@@@. Cannot figure out how to play a .wmv on it though.

Thanks

John

none, Windows XP Pro, PC

Posted on Apr 23, 2007 9:46 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2007 9:40 AM in response to CactusBill

I don't know if this will help, but yesterday I exported a Premiere Pro project from a Windows PC to a wmv file to make it small enough to put on a USB stick. It shrank it from a 1.3 gig file (that's how big it is as a rendered avi file) to a 40 mb wmv file that was still 720 x 576 resolution and 25 fps and 48000 16 bit stereo.
I took it to where I work and put the USB stick into an iMac and copied the file to the iMac desktop and then double-clicked on it and in a couple of moments a Quicktime player appeared and played the wmv file just fine. It filled the screen and played normally and with the same quality as the full avi file plays on my computer at home.
I don't know much about Macs so I can't tell you why it would work on that iMac or why Quicktime player was able to handle it.

How to play a .wmv on a Mac??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.