Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sufficient access privileges?

Hi all,
I apologize if this has been posted/answered before. I'm too tired to dig through the forums right now sigh
Anyway, the deal is: I have an admin account on my computer. I'm trying to access the Pictures folder on my sister's standard account so I can find some cute Photo Booth pictures I took on her account. But it tells me I don't have sufficient access privileges to open the folder! How can I not have sufficient access privileges? I'm admin, she's standard. I created her account on my account! Does anyone know how I can access her Pictures folder from my account?

Goijus BlackBook CD, 2GB RAM, 80GB HD, Mac OS X (10.4.9), G1 Black 2GB Nano, and an old iMac G3 233 Rev. A - OS 9.2.2, 192MB RAM

Posted on Apr 25, 2007 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2007 1:47 AM

Hi, You can try to enable root access. Then you'll be able to access all files and folders on your computer.

Remember to disable root when you're done.

On how-to enable root read CAREFULLY:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106290

Hope this helps.

Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz & G5 Quad PPC 4x2,5ghz, 23" Apple Cinima Mac OS X (10.4.9) 2GB Ram & 4,5GB Ram

Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz & G5 Quad PPC 4x2,5ghz, 23" Apple Cinima Mac OS X (10.4.9) 2GB Ram & 4,5GB Ram
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2007 1:47 AM in response to aqua-star

Hi, You can try to enable root access. Then you'll be able to access all files and folders on your computer.

Remember to disable root when you're done.

On how-to enable root read CAREFULLY:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106290

Hope this helps.

Apr 30, 2007 1:08 AM in response to aqua-star

Thank you guys for the help! 🙂

Being and admin, you can change permissions to the folder.
Get info for that folder, go to ownership and permissions, then click on the lock. Give your admin password and change the permission as you like.
Then, if you find that some of the files inside are "forbidden" to you, repeat this procedure for that file(s).
You may want to revert back to the original permission (write them down), eventually.

Ciao,
Ermanno

Sufficient access privileges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.