Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TextEdit: strike-through font style ?

I'm not sure this is the right forum. In any case this is my question:

How can I apply the strike-through style to text in TextEdit ?

I know how to apply bold, italic, etc, but strike-through is not in the Format menu and if I open the Font panel I can access all types of styles, but I cannot find any strike-through.

Thanks

Piero

iMac G5 20" iSight 2.1GHz 1.5GB RAM - MacBook Pro 15" 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.9), 2x250 GB LaCie Porsche, MVX4i miniDV PAL Camcorder

Posted on Apr 26, 2007 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2007 6:00 AM

TextEdit allows strikethrough - open the "Fonts" panel ("Format" menu > "Show Fonts"). The second "T" button from the left in the toolbar is strikethrough - you can choose "single" or "double" and set the colour.

Edit: If you don't see what I referred to as the toolbar, go down to the "Gear" menu in the lower left and choose "Show Effects".
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2007 6:00 AM in response to matthew whiting

TextEdit allows strikethrough - open the "Fonts" panel ("Format" menu > "Show Fonts"). The second "T" button from the left in the toolbar is strikethrough - you can choose "single" or "double" and set the colour.

Edit: If you don't see what I referred to as the toolbar, go down to the "Gear" menu in the lower left and choose "Show Effects".

Apr 26, 2007 4:39 AM in response to Klaus1

Thanks Klaus,
in fact I found a workaround: I copied some text with strike-through from Word into TextEdit: it works... but it's not very convenient.

To avoid opening Word whenever I need that, I made a TextEdit file just with a few characters with strike-through, and when I need that style I open that file and alt-cmd-C the sample text and alt-cmd-V on my target text...

A TextEdit command would be much nicer....

Thanks anyway

Piero

TextEdit: strike-through font style ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.