Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you clean up a sharp word beginning?

In editing some interview footage, we want to start a clip with a word that closely followed the subject's previous word when he originally answered. In other words, if he said "he was a great person" and we wanted to start with "was" instead of "he", the words were sort of slurred together, so by starting with "was" it isn't a clean beginning to the word.

What sort of tools in Soundtrack Pro could be used to clean that up?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 26, 2007 12:21 PM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2007 2:48 PM in response to Andrew Lipka

Zoooooooming all the way in to do the edit. It's as much art as it is science with this sort of thing. The undo key will play heavily in this. It's really a matter of finding that edit point where once you make the edit, things sound "fairly" natural. What I've also done is found the word I've edited somewhere else and used it instead of the edited word . . . and sometimes I've used part of a clean word with the edited word (the beginging or end) to make it sound more natural. Again, a lot of art plays into it.

how do you clean up a sharp word beginning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.