Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Star Wars: Empire at war

Will Star Wars empire at war work with the new Macbook?

To be specific, the black macbook.

I have heard yes from some sources and no from others. does anyone actually own the game and play it on a macbook?

macbook

Posted on Apr 26, 2007 12:51 PM

10 replies

Apr 26, 2007 12:59 PM in response to Paul Dorfman

Will it work? Yes... the requirements state the Intel GMA 950 (which is what is in the MacBook) is supported. Unfortunately, I'm not particularly familiar with the game. It appears that it is a current release. If it is a 3D intensive game, it may not perform optimally unless your 3D settings are set fairly low.

* MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later
CPU Processor: Intel Chipset
CPU Speed: 1.83 GHz
Memory: 512 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB Hard Drive Space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600
Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 7300
Video Chipset (Intel): GMA 950
Video Memory (VRam): 64 MB
Media Required: DVD Drive

MULTIPLAYER REQUIREMENTS:
Internet(TCP/IP) or LAN play supported
Internet play requires broadband connection
NOTICE: Cross platform play not supported. Mac to Mac internet play only.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.8
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory (VRam): 256

Supported Video cards:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
ATI Radeon X1600, X1900
INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator 950

This product is designed to run on the following operating systems:

* Mac OS X 10.4 Intel
* Mac OS X 10.5 Intel

Apr 26, 2007 1:07 PM in response to JoeyR

Your telling me that the black mac book has one of the following and is not missing any required elements? on the apple store chat they told me it would only work with macbook pro and the other mac with intel. but from a press release it states that it will work with any intel mac, i don't want to buy it, since i cannot return it, unless i know for sure it will work.

Supported Video cards:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
ATI Radeon X1600, X1900
INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600
Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 7300

Apr 26, 2007 1:29 PM in response to Paul Dorfman

All of the current MacBooks use the Intel GMA 950 graphics processor. However, meeting the basic requirements of a game typically does not mean that the game will run well. Are you saying you're basing your decision on whether or not to get a MacBook on how well it will play this game?... or that you have a MacBook and want to be sure the game will run? If it's the later, you can download the demo for free to try it out:

http://www.coolosxapps.net/2007/03/22/star-wars-empire-at-war-for-os-x/

Here are the specs for the MacBook which indicate the Intel 950:

http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

Apr 26, 2007 1:40 PM in response to Paul Dorfman

I would say yes... Demos are usually fully configurable... they just don't give you the full game. They may limit you to only a level or two or other limitations like that... but so far as performance, they should be the same. The purpose of the demo is to get you to buy the game... so they want you to have all the settings that you would have in the full version of the game.

Star Wars: Empire at war

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.