Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Wish List

Here's a short list of grievances I'm hoping are solved in FCP 6. Please add yours or indicate if those listed are indeed addressed.

FCP Wish List:

1) A preference to prevent changes to a sequence after altering the length of a nest in that sequence.

2) A preference to prevent changes in length of a clip after altering that clips speed properties.

3) Add the ability to select a clip (or blank space) in the timeline and mark it's in/out (x) regardless of the Auto Select switches.

4) A preference to allow nudging clips with the arrow keys and not encounter a Clip Collision.

5) Better keyframing in the Viewer.

6) Better tracking in the basic Text Tool.

7) Allow pasting of attributes from clips in the timeline to master clips in the Browser or Viewer

8) Disable/turn off all video tracks without the need to re-render

9) Edge effects recognize crop positions over frame edge.

MBP 2.0 Core Duo (10.4.8; 2GB)

Posted on Apr 26, 2007 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2007 4:55 PM

I appreciate your call to arms. However, this is a user to user forum - which in plain terms means - you are NOT talking to the FCP development team.

If your desire is to be heard, post here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

x
3 replies

Apr 26, 2007 7:52 PM in response to cycle60

I think you're a bit late to be "airing your grievances" if you were hoping to see these things fixed in FCP6 !

>3) Add the ability to select a clip (or blank space) in the timeline and mark it's in/out (x) regardless of the Auto Select switches.

this already exists .... its called Mark Selection and is available from the Mark menu or by using the (default) keyboard shortcut Shift-A

>4) A preference to allow nudging clips with the arrow keys and not encounter a Clip Collision.

this already exists ... its called the Slide tool. first select the clip you wish to slide then press "ss" to switch to the slide tool. now use the trim keys ( [ and ] or , and . ) to nudge the clip up and down the timeline

5> Better keyframing in the Viewer.

That's a too bit vague, what are you having trouble with?

6> Better tracking in the basic Text Tool.

I would suggest that you use Title3D or Livetype (or Motion)

7) Allow pasting of attributes from clips in the timeline to master clips in the Browser or Viewer

as a workaround you can always open the clips into separate Viewer windows (Opt-Double click) and then simple drag and drop the filters between the two, or you can create filter packs by creating a new bin in your project and then dragging the filters from a clip into the new bin ... that collection of filters can then be applied as a single item by dragging the bin onto clips in the Viewer or Timeline

Final Cut Pro Wish List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.