Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phantom songs showing up in smart playlists

When creating a smart playlist for a podcast recently, i noticed two songs showed up with that ⚠ icon that says the file can't be found. I want to get rid of them, but I can't figure out where they are in my library. Apparently itunes still has these records in my library... somewhere, but the only place they show up is by matching the smart playlist search. Normal search, as in through the search box, doesn't turn them up.

Has anyone else had this happen? I would really like to "delete" these records, if for the sake of cleanliness than anything, but I can't find them except in the smart playlist, and you cannot delete through playlists, as far as I know.

Macbook Mac OS X (10.4.9) iTunes 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2007 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2007 7:39 AM

Hi,
I'm not sure about the odd files showing in Smart playlist and not in the library issue, but you can delete songs from the library via a playlist - just hold the alt (option) key and Delete key

Regards
3 replies

Phantom songs showing up in smart playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.