Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unexplained self start-ups on both of my Macs!

I have a 15" 1.25GHz PowerBook and a 450MHz G4 Desktop, both running 10.4.9. Recently I've noticed both machines are starting themselves up for no apparent reason and at odd, completely random times!

In every instance they are completely shut down, they aren't scheduled to start-up at all, the "restart after power failure" is turned off, and finally, there's no way the power switches are being knocked or bumped.

I've checked through the system preferences and there doesn't seem to be anything that's triggering the start-ups. I'm wondering if it's either a fault in 10.4.9 or some 3rd party software I'm running on both machines that might be triggering it. I sort of doubt it's the system as there doesn't appear to be anyone else in the forums with the same problem. There's plenty of people with machines shutting down or restarting, but nobody with a machine starting up by itself.

Any ideas?

15" 1.25GHz PowerBook and a 450MHz G4 Desktop Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on May 2, 2007 5:41 AM

3 replies

Unexplained self start-ups on both of my Macs!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.