Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corel Draw 11 for Mac

I have recently purchased a Macbook and tried to install Corel Draw 11. Photo Paint works and so does Corel Trace but Draw and R.A.V.E. do not. The programs seem to start and then I get a message that they have quit. I have contacted Corel and they say they cannot recreate the problem. I have tried to reinstall but get the same problem. Any suggestions.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on May 4, 2007 6:39 PM

5 replies

May 4, 2007 7:01 PM in response to Samanor

I believe this could be a problem caused by some update for tiger on certain os x installations/configurations. I had the same problem for a while with coreldraw 11, it crashed every time i tried to start the application.
Since i didn´t feel like spending more time on the issue i just installed coreldraw 10 instead, which works perfectly every time.

Unless there are features you need in version 11 i suggest trying out version 10 as a (temporary) replacement.

May 4, 2007 8:46 PM in response to Samanor

Hi.

Try launching Draw and R.A.V.E and inmediately hold the Shift key, and reset the Workspace.

If it doesn't work, move to the Desktop:
~/Library/Preferences/Corel Graphics 11 Preferences folder.
~/Library/Preferences/com.corel.DRAW.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.corel.RAVE.plist

Ther is a Service Pack 1 for Corel Draw Suite Mac 11, but it's in the Corel ftp server ( ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/CorelDRAW/DRAW11Suite/mac)

MacMini G4 1.25GHz 1GB Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Corel Draw 11 for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.