949 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2007 11:41 AM by 13jerm
It says there is a resource unavailable, and i need to designate a new path with the installation package 'Quicktime.msi'
with that one, let's try the following procedure.
Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. then use it to clear any existing QuickTime installation configuration information from your PC:
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
Next, we’ll manually remove leftover program files and folders.
1. On the Start menu, click My Computer (or double-click My Computer on the Desktop).
2. In My Computer, open Local Disk.
3. Open Program Files.
4. Right-click on the QuickTime folder and click Delete from the shortcut menu.
5. Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\.
6. Remove the files QuickTime.qts and QuicktimeVR.qtx.
7. Restart your computer.
now try another QuickTime reinstall. does it go through properly this time?