Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopped Rendering halfway through my project-

I'm halfway through a 25 min memorial DVD for my mom's service this Friday evening and the program stopped rendering! Dead. I thought space might be an issue so emptied the trash clips that are in place and require no further changes. No help. I keep the movie on the separate and partitioned La Cie hard drive. half for photos, half for movies.

This is serious! I have several days of work in this and now nothing and no time.

What to do?

G5 and Ibook G4, LA Cie 250 HD Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on May 9, 2007 8:25 PM

4 replies

May 11, 2007 4:42 AM in response to mszig

I have saved several movies to this drive in the past...but I used the older version of imovie. this is the first time i've used I moviehd---Ugh! I solved the problem by emptying the trash on my disk (not imovie's) and closing 2 other programs I had open. I think I was overtaxing my system.

Thank you for your response.

May 11, 2007 4:55 PM in response to Klaus1

Yes, rendering is highly processor intensive, and it
is usually best not to have any other application
open or running while you are doing it.

I routinely have many applications running using iMovie and have never had rendering problems. Rendering isn't a time-sensitive task like importing video from the camera, so iMovie might render a tiny bit slower — although I've never noticed it — but it certainly shouldn't render any differently. Nor should it fail to render.

My guess is something else is causing the failure to render. Perhaps an issue affecting the disk, or third-party QuickTime or iMovie add-ons interfering with QuickTime, which iMovie relies on for many tasks.

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=4176921#4176921

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=4030731#4030731

mszig, the fact that you successfully used iMovie in the past doesn't mean everything is/was okay. Projects differ, and complications that arise with one may not arise with others. The trick is to find the cause of the problem and eliminate it.

You don't say exactly what went wrong when the project "stopped rendering". Rendering can refer to lots of different things. What exactly failed, and what type of clip(s) were you trying to render?

Karl

Stopped Rendering halfway through my project-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.