Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won't drag to desktop????

After cropping a photo I try to drag it to the desktop. I get the circle with the line through it. What's going on? The uncropped photo 'drags' no problem.

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on May 9, 2007 8:10 PM

2 replies

May 9, 2007 9:01 PM in response to Sylvia Slater

Sylvia:

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. That may mean that you don't have the Helvetica installed or activated. Open Font Book and locate Helvetica. If it is indicated as activated, deactivate it and then reactivate it.

If that doesn't fix it, try the following: download and run BatChmod on the iPhoto Library folder with the settings shown here, putting your administrator login name, long or short, in the owner and group sections. You can either type in the path to the folder or just drag the folder into that field.

User uploaded fileDo you Twango?

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've written an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Photos won't drag to desktop????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.