Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing modified versions of pics from another computer

Is there a way to import the modified versions of pictures from my laptop? Idealy, I would like them to replace the originals as the pictures have only been rotated and I have no need for the sideways versions.

Dual G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on May 10, 2007 11:52 AM

4 replies

May 10, 2007 12:06 PM in response to pushtobreak

pushtobreak

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

Is this to a second machine?

If you want to import only the modified files, then make a copy of the iPhoto Library Folder / Modifieds Folder. Move the copy to the desktop of the second machine and import that.

If you want to import the Unchanged Originals plus the modified files, then select all the pics in the iPhoto Window and go File -> Export to a folder on the desktop. Then import that to the new machine.

Regards

TD

May 10, 2007 12:25 PM in response to pushtobreak

Okay, well before I mess anything else up...I already made the mistake of trying to just put everything in it's correct folders, which obviously, won't work and is how I ended up here. I figured out pretty much how to fix what I messed up, except I still have modified versions in the modified folder which I suppose aren't linked to my freshly, now working, re-imported pics. The question is now, how can I remove these incorrect modified versions from the modified folder without further screwing things up? I have all the modified versions on an external drive where I copied everything from my laptop.

May 10, 2007 12:33 PM in response to pushtobreak

Sorry, just to be clear. Yes, I am trying to get this all on to my desktop. When I import the modified versions they don't replace the originals in the Library view as normal, they become duplicates (except rotated). This wouldn't be so bad but, I am working with a few thousand photos from my bands recent tour and they, for some reason, do not come up next to each other, so, searching for the duplicates is very hard. Also, as I said before I have these modified versions in the folder I need to remove, which I guess, I should do first.

Dual G5 Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Dual G5 Mac OS X (10.4.7)

May 10, 2007 1:20 PM in response to pushtobreak

When I import the modified versions they don't replace the originals in the Library view as normal, they become duplicates (except rotated).

That's because they're not the same file - they're a different file, so they won't overwrite the Original.

I'm afraid I still don't understand what you're trying to achieve. But Duplicate Annihilator may help.

Regards

TD

importing modified versions of pics from another computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.