Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch editing of iCal events

Hello, does anyone know how to batch edit multiple events in iCal?

Here is my senario. I have a new phone that I can sync with iCal but it does not understand all-day events. All other events sync without any issues. No problem, I will just change all-day events to a specific time. But the problem is that I have several calendars with a lot of reoccuring all-day events.

How can I change all of these to say midnight or two am or whatever? I looked through the stock and 3rd party automator actions but they pretty much just have searching, filtering or deleting, no batch editing.

Anyone have any applescripts that can do this?

Thanks!

15" MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on May 15, 2007 8:45 AM

1 reply

May 16, 2007 4:10 PM in response to Patrick Birke

Try this. Note IT HAS NOT BEEN TESTED so backup your calendars first. I think just changing from all day will give the events a start time, but if not you will need to set the start time as well.

User uploaded fileAK

click here to open this script in your editor <pre style="font-family: 'Monaco', 'Courier New', Courier, monospace; overflow:auto; color: #222; background: #DDD; padding: 0.2em; font-size: 10px; width:400px">tell application "iCal"
set TheEvents to every event of every calendar where (allday event of it is true) and (recurrence of it is not "")
repeat with ThisEventList in TheEvents
if ThisEventList is not missing value then
repeat with ThisEvent in ThisEventList
set allday event of ThisEvent to false
end repeat
end if
end repeat
end tell</pre>

Batch editing of iCal events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.