Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD video performance on Mac Pro 4

I have a new Mac Pro 4 core. It has 1.5TB of disk in a raid 0 configuration and 5GB of RAM. It also uses the ATI x1900 video card. The display is an Apple Cinema 23".

It has done all of the software updates.

The only software loaded onto the machine so far is FCS.

Now when I try to watch The BBC HD video at 1920x1080 that I download to my local hard drive (vide from here http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/bbc-blue.html ), it is very choppy.

IMHO, this machine should be able to play this video back in real time with NO issue. What do I need to do to correct this issue?

Powerbook G4 / Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on May 20, 2007 2:24 PM

10 replies

May 21, 2007 8:55 PM in response to yagfxg33k

7.1.6 Pro is the version. I do not think that Spotlight was running and I KNOW I was not downloading anything at the time.

Now, the way that I got the file was that I was watching it on an XP machine (also with QT 7.1.6 pro) and saved the file as self contained. Then copied it over to the Mac across the network and then ran it locally from there.

Jun 25, 2007 2:01 PM in response to yagfxg33k

To tell the truth, sending folks off to read a blog or another site when asking for help troubleshooting. And you fail to mention you have the X1900 in a non-supported or alternate slot.

Mixing 7300 GT and Radeon doesn't work. And having two Radeons???

There are lots of threads here on using the Expansion Slot Utility and video card configurations.

HD video performance on Mac Pro 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.