Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

retrieving mail from att worldnet

I was able to configure the desktop mail app to receive and send from my att worldnet pop account but now I am unable to get the .mac mail web app to retrieve from the same account.

I have tried to sync the two and set up separate retrievals but still cannot get .Mac Mail to find att server.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.9), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo

Posted on May 28, 2007 8:16 AM

3 replies

May 28, 2007 11:51 AM in response to lvic

To confirm - you created and are successfully accessing your at&t worldnet email account with the Mail application - sending and receiving but what does you are unable to get the .Mac mail web app to retrieve from the same account?

Does this mean you set up retrieving messages sent to/received by your at&t worldnet account via your .Mac account via webmail access for your .Mac account preferences?

What is your setting for removing messages from the server when downloaded by Mail for your at&t worldnet account which is available under the Advanced tab for the account preferences?

If set to remove messages from the server when downloaded by the Mail application, your .Mac account cannot retrieve the same messages since the messages were removed from the server.

If you want your .Mac account to receive messages from your at&t worldnet account, there isn't any reason to set up and access your at&t worldnet account with Mail in addition to your .Mac account. You can not remove messages from the server when downloaded by Mail for your at&t worldnet account but then you will receive duplicate messages with Mail - one copy in the Inbox mailbox for your at&t worldnet account and another copy in the Inbox mailbox for your .Mac account.

Why not just access each account separately with Mail and not have your .Mac account check and retrieve messages from your at&t worldn't account?

May 28, 2007 9:04 PM in response to Allan Sampson

To confirm - you created and are successfully
accessing your at&t worldnet email account with the
Mail application - sending and receiving but what
does you are unable to get the .Mac mail web app to
retrieve from the same account?

correct. No messages from the att.net mailbox appear on the .mac webmail even thought they are in the desktop app.
Does this mean you set up retrieving messages sent
to/received by your at&t worldnet account via your
.Mac account via webmail access for your .Mac account
preferences?

Yes but web based app is not working.
What is your setting for removing messages from the
server when downloaded by Mail for your at&t worldnet
account which is available under the Advanced tab for
the account preferences?

The setting on the desktop app is to delete messages on the server after one week. This should not be the issue.
If set to remove messages from the server when
downloaded by the Mail application, your .Mac account
cannot retrieve the same messages since the messages
were removed from the server.

If you want your .Mac account to receive messages
from your at&t worldnet account, there isn't any
reason to set up and access your at&t worldnet
account with Mail in addition to your .Mac account.
You can not remove messages from the server when
downloaded by Mail for your at&t worldnet account but
then you will receive duplicate messages with Mail -
one copy in the Inbox mailbox for your at&t worldnet
account and another copy in the Inbox mailbox for
your .Mac account.

Why not just access each account separately with Mail
and not have your .Mac account check and retrieve
messages from your at&t worldn't account?

That's what I've been trying but the same settings that work for the desktop based app do not work on web based.

May 29, 2007 4:39 AM in response to lvic

That's what I've been trying but the same settings that work
for the desktop based app do not work on web based.

You've been trying what?

Removing your at&t worldnet account from Mail or disabling the account with Mail but the same incoming mail server, user name and password entered for accessing a POP account by your .Mac account does not work?

If so, have you contacts .Mac technical support?

retrieving mail from att worldnet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.