Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Can't retrieve saved project

197 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2007 7:43 AM by Melinda Lyons RSS
Melinda Lyons Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 29, 2007 10:34 AM
Last year, I created an iMovie on an external hard drive, to save room on my computer's hard drive. Now, when I try to double click on the file's icon, the project does not come up. I've tried opening it directly from iMovie, and opening it by double-clicking, and nothing is working.
What did I do wrong, and how can I access this project?
iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.3.9)
  • taronger Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
    May 30, 2007 8:18 PM (in response to Melinda Lyons)
    at one time Imovie would only work in the internal drive. i do not know if this is still true. Why don't you try to transfer your movie back to the internal drive and then try to open it (make sure you have enough space available on your HD before initializing the transfer).

I usualy work on my movies on my internal drive, then I create and burn a DVD. After that, I transfer the movie over to a Seagate external drive, and trash the movie from my internal drive. i have done 14 one hour videos following this method and have no problem opening them in the internal drive.
    powermac G5, Mac OS X (10.3.9)
  • taronger Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
    May 30, 2007 8:21 PM (in response to taronger)
    should have said - no problem opening them in external drive
    powermac G5, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.