Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smiley Central for Mac or something similar?

Hi,

My PC friend is always sending smileycentral icons in her e-mails and they are so cute? That is the only reason I would want a PC for (I know it's sad). So it got me wondering if there is an exact type of thing like this for Mac or something similar?

Awhile ago I did a search and found nothing but maybe I'm not aware of a site out there. I'd like to find as many Mac smiley's as I can.

Thanks,

S.

iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 17" & 1.67GHz PowerPC G4 512 MB DDR SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.4.9), itunes 7.1.1

Posted on May 29, 2007 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2007 1:16 AM

Hi S.

You don't need a PC to do that. Why won't they work with your email? They should. They won't work if you have your Mail's "Composing" preferences set to Plain Text, rather than to Rich Text.
6 replies

May 30, 2007 1:26 PM in response to myhighway

myhighway,

Thanks.

I was looking in Yahoo and found a few and then looked in Google and found more.

How do you get these to work in your mail application. I tried this site:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphics/White-Emoticons.shtml

and tried adding as an attachement in mail but didn't see the emoticon pop up.

Then there is this site:

http://www.apimac.com/emoticons/index.php

Would I copy each one by clicking save as and then upload to photobucket and insert in mail and then it would move.

That is my real quandry how to get these in the mail app now that I've found some.

S.

Jun 4, 2007 6:41 PM in response to spiralgirl

Hi,

I'm answering myself but got this all figured out. To use icons like This

See picture here

Follow this instructions (thanks to Daktari):

Right click on the folder, click on get info. On the window that comes up, click on the icon on the top left corner, note the icon gets a blueish border when clicked on. Then press Command + C to copy the icon image. Open up Preview.app and hit command + N ( this creates a new file from the clipboard). Then click on "Save As". Drag and drop the saved image file on your email.

Or, you could use this application. Select "Bg Icon", select the icon folder you want then click file and click on "Write to Tiff".

You might get better results if you re-save the tiff file as a PNG file in Preview.app

As an aside, if you want to change any of the folder or application icons on your computer, all you have to do is copy the icon image as above get info on the folder you want to change, click on the icon , then paste.

Try it out and see if this works for you.

For using icons similar to smileycentral

Follow these instrucions (thanks to Caillou):

I simply drag and drop to folder on my Mac, then drag and drop in my Mails when needed. Mac and PC folks at teh other end seem to see them move as designed.

(Let's see it it works here...see below)

Photo here

I thought this was pretty neat to figure out.

S.

iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 17" & 1.67GHz PowerPC G4 512 MB DDR SDRAM Mac OS X (10.4.9) itunes 7.1.1

Smiley Central for Mac or something similar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.