Previous 1 2 3 Next 40 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2008 4:15 AM by Mac Runner
oleus Level 1 Level 1
i have been having this problem for a few weeks now and the only thing that helps is rebooting...however I can only burn a couple of cd's before it starts happening all over again.

I went two years with no problems and it just started happening - i have added no new burning programs outside of itunes (i do have toast and discblaze but they have been on there for a while and never caused problems before).

any help appreciated

-oleus

PowerMac G5 dual 2ghz / MacbookPro 15" 2ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.9), bluetooth FCP keyboard/isight/ipod80gb video
  • Gerald_ Miller Level 2 Level 2
    It's not in iTunes, but I've got a txt on my desktop that everytime I try to put it in the trash it says it's being used by another task right now. Weird.
  • oleus Level 1 Level 1
    now rebooting isn't even helping...can't burn ANY cd's in Itunes now. please help! there is no "other program" being used by my burner !?!?!?
    Can your burner read CD's okay? Mine didn't and that's when I found out the burner had burned itself out. lol
  • oleus Level 1 Level 1
    yep, it can read cd's, rip cd's, even burn dvd's. it just can't burn anything inside of itunes.
    ARe you burning on an internal burner or an external using toast? Just wondering because I couldn't burn any iTunes on my external burner using toast until I used patchburn.
  • oleus Level 1 Level 1
    it's my original cd burner inside the G5- internal.
  • Jeff$ Level 1 Level 1
    Ok - I've been having the same problem for about 4 months and it's driving me nuts. I can burn CDs and DVDs using Toast, but can't burn a CD from within iTunes. I just upgraded iTunes to v7.3.1 (3) but that didn't fix the problem. I click "Burn", then I insert a blank CD (I've tried many new) it goes through "Checking Media..." then "Checking playlist..." Then begins "Initializing..." and that's when I get error message "The burner is in use by another application"

I have no other applications running. What the heck? It works for years, now stopped? Is this how Apple forces customers to upgrade to Tiger or Leopard? Or worse, buy new hardware?
  • ajkeglovits Level 1 Level 1
    I am also having this problem, but I have a pc. I was able to burn playlists using itunes just last week. Have not installed any new programs/software, etc. No other programs are running. Tried rebooting, no luck. Any suggestions?
  • Pepone Level 1 Level 1
    Hello, I've got the same problem since about one month. No other configuration change happens on my G5 with internal burner and before it always worked without any Problems! I think there is an Problem with the new iTunes or the 10.4.10?!?

Message was edited by: Pepone
  • TheChemist Level 1 Level 1
    I just discovered that I too have this issue.

It isn't related to 10.4.10 because I have been able to burn CDs from iTunes, in my case the update to 7.3.2 seems to be the culprit.

Sheesh.

On the bright side, Toast Titanium can burn my CDs.

I am using the internal burner w/ a MBP CD 17"

And yes, I did repair Disk Permissions

Message was edited by: TheChemist
  • Chorizo Level 1 Level 1
    I'm having the same problem. We don't usually burn music CDs, so I'm not sure when it started, but I burned iDVD discs in the past 2 weeks. I get the same message. I've rebooted. Nothing but iTunes is running.
  • Jason Inlow Level 1 Level 1
    I am having the exact same problem. I just bought this new Mac after being a PC guy for 15 years. This is the first CD I've tried to burn, and it doesn't work! Hopefully some one can get this fixed soon....
  • Dr.Fade Level 1 Level 1
    I too have this problem with My burner. I'm going to try repairing disk permissions, and will report the outcome.
  • Jason Inlow Level 1 Level 1
    Cool. And when you report the findings, maybe you could also tell us how to even start "repairing the disk permissions," since I have NO clue what you're talking about! lol
Previous 1 2 3 Next