Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bravia - iPod 80GB - Belkin iPod connector lead - sound but no picture

Hi - hope someone can help
Just bought an 80GB iPOD and a Belkin AV wire to connect it to the TV. The TV is a Sony Bravia 1080. I get sound but no pictures. There are a lot of posts here about this issue and I have tried most things (swapping order of red/yellow/white wires, checking TV Out is on, resetting iPod etc) but none seem to work. Is this an issue with the HDTV? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sony Vaio, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 2, 2007 7:08 AM

3 replies

Jun 5, 2007 10:28 PM in response to razza

Hey there,

I am having the same problem...at first I was worried it was the cables, the dock, or the iPod.

But as it turns out, the issue it appears has to do with the t.v. that you're trying to playback unto.

I hooked up to both a 36" CRT and a 37" LCD and in both circumstances, it didn't work. However, connecting to another 32" Sony CRT, the playback was fine...full video, full audio.

I wasn't able to reach Apple support tonight, but I'm guessing is probably has to do with the screen size of the t.v. and the proportions of the video file.

Jun 8, 2007 7:54 PM in response to razza

HI,
I experienced the same problems using the Apple AV cables, nothing worked! Today I plugged my 60 GB video ipod into the TV using the cord supplied with my Cannon mini DV camcorder and switched the yellow & red cords and it works perfectly!!! I'll be returning the Aplle cord. I read on another blog that Apple changed the output on the ipod, making it proprietary so you have to buy their cable. I suggest you try using a differnet cable. Good luck!

Bravia - iPod 80GB - Belkin iPod connector lead - sound but no picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.