Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 4

I just purchased a new Intel Mac book. I was wondering if I would be able to run Final Cut Pro on an Intel Mac. I have not tried it yet and would like to know what if it is worth the effort.
Thanks for any imput.

Power Book G4, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Jun 2, 2007 3:02 PM

5 replies

Jun 2, 2007 3:43 PM in response to worldwidestudios

I has run. It has crashed. It has trashed projects. It is not designed to run on an intel machine and Apple does not support it. Why recommend something that is not supported?

FCP 5.1 was a very early release on the heals of the intel macs. This was because FCP demands a high level of integration with the hardware to run smoothly and Rosetta didn't support it effectively enough.

This is like people who use USB2 for their scratch drives. Its not supported or recommended but, It can work at a very low level. However, when it doesn't work, it can take everything down with it.

I won't recommend anything to a new user that won't set them up for a solid installation and use.

Cheers,
x

Final Cut Pro 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.