Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iTunes songs in iMovie

I have several purchased songs in my iTunes library. I used to be able to add these to my iMovie home movies. If I do this now, my movies "behave" strangely. The sound is "strangled" and the movement is "hobbly". Has iTunes changed the encoding? These are "my" songs and I love to be able to enhance my "home cooked" movies with music tracks. Just tell me the cruel truth!

iMac Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Jun 6, 2007 6:39 AM

4 replies

Jun 6, 2007 5:29 PM in response to redpanda11

Have you tried adding a DRM-Free song to your home
movies? See if that produces the same result.
DRM-Free songs are obtained either by
buying/upgrading through iTunes Plus or by importing
from an audio CD.

Yes, that works but unfortunately none of them will sometimes fit in with a specific scene I'm editing. I would like to be able to go to iTunes and buy just one song that I need for that specific scene and iTunes Plus doesn't contain that much yet....I could - of course - burn the song to a CD. At the rate I make family movies, I would end up with a lot of CD's with one song on each because when I make a movie, I want the song ASAP. Well, c'est la vie...

iMac Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Using iTunes songs in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.