Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Integrating Authentication and Authorization Services

I am kind of at a loss. I know basic web design, I edit our schools site all the time. But I feel like I am in a little over my head right now.

The Administrators Guide is not exactly the mostly clearly written piece of literature. And I can't find any straight answers in the online discussion forums.

I want the schools' iTunes U to be a public site that anyone can view. I am not seeing anything that is guiding me in this direction.

I really don't know where to start. I tried editing the sample java script and Pearl that you can download from Apple, and put the files on our website, but nothing happened when I tried to access www.christendom.edu/cgi-bin/iTunesU...

Comments? Suggestions?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

iMac Mac OS X (10.4.9) Intel Core 2 Duo

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.9), Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Jun 8, 2007 6:47 AM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2018 1:09 AM in response to Niall O'Donnell

You can set the Built-in Permissions for your welcome page to Download All@urn:mace:itunesu.com:sites:yourshcool.edu and the whole world will be able to access that page.

Authentication programming, however, is not trivial. It requires some programming experience.

The code examples in the Administrator's guide are sufficient if you get into them deep enough, and have an understanding of web programming;-)

Jun 18, 2007 12:33 AM in response to Niall O'Donnell

Niall,

gerbman is certainly correct, but I would like to give you a little extra help.

I see that you're running OS X 10.4 ... I have created a little applicaiton that you may find valuable. It's basically a little GUI tool that allows you to open your iTunes U site as an administrator (so you can edit it the way gerbman suggests) ... and it's also useful for helping you debug that pesky transfer CGI. You can find it here:

http://itunes.uic.edu/itunesuaccess.html

It may be a bit premature to say this here, but I have agreed to give part of webcast on my tool (and debugging transfer CGI scripts and/or some details on the web serivces API) for MacLearning in just a couple of weeks. I am hopeful that the webcast will be useful for those in your exact situation ... so keep an eye out for the "official" announcement.

MacBook Pro Mac OS X (10.4.8) I lied. I'm running Leopard

Integrating Authentication and Authorization Services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.