Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server "Freezes" at least once a day

Hello

I have a Xserve G5 with OS X 10.4.9
I run a Forum with vBulletin (Mysql).

My problem is that almost every day, the server freezes, if i do ping, it works, but nothing else. No ARD, No server Admin, no SSH, NOTHING... Sometimes it came back... and i can retake control. Sometimes it just don´t come back and i have to restart it manually...

I have reinstalled OSX, reinstalled Mysql, everything... and the problem continues... The funny thing is that i´m runing the forum with OS X server for more than 2 years. I used to have a Mac mini G4 with no problems... i upgraded to the xserve, and the problem started...

The site is www.twistedandes.com

Any idea what can be?

Thanks

Mariano Lozano

Xserve G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz., Mac OS X (10.4.9), MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 10, 2007 8:12 PM

5 replies

Jun 11, 2007 8:57 AM in response to Steve Krawcke

Hello Steve

Thanks for your help. I´m not an expert, but as i can see, today the server have freezed again for about 30 minutes and when it ocurred, the log shows severall times this error:

Jun 11 08:58:44 Twisted postfix/sendmail[7172]: warning: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

If you want i can send you the complete log.

Thanks

Mariano

Jun 12, 2007 4:39 PM in response to TwistedAndes

When the server gets a little sluggish, could you run, in terminal, the following command and copy and paste the result to a post, please?

top -n 0 -l 1

Roger

Server "Freezes" at least once a day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.