You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Water Mark Notification

I keep getting this message from "HWM NoticeFrom". Who generates this? I have deleted or mail-boxed many messages from my In Box and now have 99 messages remaining there totalling less than 1 GB. How can I learn what the total size of my In Box must be to avoid these High Water Mark Notifications. Also, do the messages stored in my Mailboxes count toward this capacity? Thanks for any answers or thoughts in this area.

iMac Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jun 15, 2007 6:16 PM

2 replies

Jun 15, 2007 6:38 PM in response to poppi6

Hello, and welcome to the Discussions.

This high water mark notification is almost certain to be from the provider of your mail server, and reflect messages building up on the server, and NOT on your Mac.

Is this a POP account? If so, check Mail Preferences/Accounts/Advanced for what you have selected about leaving messages on the POP server after downloading.

In addition, you can Control-click on your Inbox, choose Get Info, and then navigate, if more than one account, to the correct account. The resulting page will tell you what messages remain on the server.

Ernie

High Water Mark Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.