Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To see historical iMessages and text messages on a new iPhone do I have to restore and iCloud backup or simply sign into iCloud on the new device?

To see historical iMessages and text messages on a new iPhone do I have to restore and iCloud backup or simply sign into iCloud on the new device (assuming the previous devices was syncing messages in iCloud)?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 5:10 AM

Hello JëRõd,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about restoring messages to your iPhone. I'd be happy to provide information that may help.

If you were using Messages in iCloud on your old device, you can sign in to iCloud and turn on Messages to restore Messages from iCloud: Keep all your messages in iCloud.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 5:10 AM in response to JëRõd

Hello JëRõd,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about restoring messages to your iPhone. I'd be happy to provide information that may help.

If you were using Messages in iCloud on your old device, you can sign in to iCloud and turn on Messages to restore Messages from iCloud: Keep all your messages in iCloud.

Take care.

To see historical iMessages and text messages on a new iPhone do I have to restore and iCloud backup or simply sign into iCloud on the new device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.