Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Verify Server Identity

This past week I have been getting this message appearing on my iPhone 8. Even though I cancel it, it keeps re-appearing randomly throughout the day.

The identity of “eventgrid.com” cannot be verified.

details: NA, localhost (issued by NA, localhost

Not Trusted

expires 18.04.21,01:01:32

I have checked Settings>General>Profiles as well as Settings>Certificate Trust Settings

3 profiles are listed and all of them are genuine profiles that I have accepted and have been using over a number of years if not months.

Within Certificate trust settings, I find 1 root certificate disabled. This certificate is associated with one of my WiFi profiles, which is a Voip application, Groundwire. This application is active and works even though the root certificate is disabled.

Questions:

1) Is the server verification error associated with the disabled root certificate?

2) How do I prevent this error message from re-appearing on my iPhone?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 2:08 AM

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 2:08 AM in response to robertfrombasel

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

Jul 12, 2020 7:02 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the tip to look at my passwords and accounts. The only account that uses "eventgrid.com" is Subscribed Calendars (eventgrid.com/Events/.....". There are three subscribed calendars and each one of them is using SSL I don't fancy deleting this account as (1) I need to keep my calendars in synch and (2) I wouldn't know how to reinstall them. I will monitor the situation and see if the error message continues to appear. Thanks!

Cannot Verify Server Identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.