Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Apple Watch

I can’t find my Apple Watch. Yesterday I used the Find my Apple Watch feature on my iPhone and it showed location at 1205am Saturday at my home address. I couldn’t hear the ping anywhere. Today I looked again but it no longer shows my home as the location. Could this be because the battery is probably completely drained? If it showed the last location as my house shouldn’t that mean it’s still in my house somewhere but since the battery Edward it no longer shows it’s location?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 8:50 PM

If the battery is dead, Find My will only show you the last pinged location. I've been there too, if it once showed it at your house at a recent time, that means it still is at your house. It should tell you when it received the last ping. So if had your watch two days ago, and lost it yesterday, and the last ping was yesterday at 8 PM at your house, it's still going to be at your house. Good luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 8:50 PM in response to jhmh2016

If the battery is dead, Find My will only show you the last pinged location. I've been there too, if it once showed it at your house at a recent time, that means it still is at your house. It should tell you when it received the last ping. So if had your watch two days ago, and lost it yesterday, and the last ping was yesterday at 8 PM at your house, it's still going to be at your house. Good luck!

Aug 10, 2020 3:12 AM in response to jhmh2016

The Apple Watch must be online (connetced to internet e.g. cellular data, WiFi) to play the sound of the ping. Apple Watch cannot be online if the battery is fully drained. Put your watch on its charging cable, and 5 seconds after it boots up, it will automatically connect to the nearest WiFi network known to Apple Watch. Hope this helps!! ;)

Lost Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.