Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't fix “cannot verify server identity” error

For more details, it shows the certificate is *.greengeeks.net issued by AlphaSSL CA - SHA256 -G2 with "Not Trusted" in red. I don't recall I download any new app or I have any app named that. Please see more details below. I guess we need to figure out which app or setting cause this, otherwise we can't fix it. It's been annoying for weeks. Really appreciate if anyone can help.

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:25 PM

Hey there 101migration,

We understand you're seeing a message about not being able to verify the server identity. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, let's make sure your iPhone is fully up-to-date. Use the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're already up-to-date, let's complete a standard restart with the steps here: Restart your iPhone

If you still see this afterwards, we'll need a few more details.

- Where are you seeing this and is there any action or app that causes this alert to appear?

- Did you recently set up or change any email accounts? Are there any issues sending or receiving emails?

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 12:25 PM in response to 101migration

Hey there 101migration,

We understand you're seeing a message about not being able to verify the server identity. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, let's make sure your iPhone is fully up-to-date. Use the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're already up-to-date, let's complete a standard restart with the steps here: Restart your iPhone

If you still see this afterwards, we'll need a few more details.

- Where are you seeing this and is there any action or app that causes this alert to appear?

- Did you recently set up or change any email accounts? Are there any issues sending or receiving emails?

Cheers!

Can't fix “cannot verify server identity” error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.