Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted text messages

So I go a new iPhone and transferred all of my data across. I was then deleting all the info on my old phone for my dad to use whilst still being logged in to my iCloud account (silly I know). I have now lost all of my texts messages on both phones. I have always had my messages backed up with the iCloud but I do not know how to access them. Many thanks

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:24 AM

If your messages were linked to your iCloud account and you deleted them on a phone that was still signed into your account then you deleted them everywhere.

You should have wiped the whole phone using Erase all content and settings so he could have set it up with his appleID.

Too late now.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 2:24 AM in response to Livster1

If your messages were linked to your iCloud account and you deleted them on a phone that was still signed into your account then you deleted them everywhere.

You should have wiped the whole phone using Erase all content and settings so he could have set it up with his appleID.

Too late now.

Deleted text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.