Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i transfer my imusic to new apple id

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 1:43 PM

Depends on what you mean by “iMusic”.

If you mean iTunes purchases or music copied off of CDs, then you don’t have to do anything. Music purchased from the store or ripped from CD’s is not tied to an Apple ID.

If you mean music from the Apple Music subscription service then you can’t. The created playlists as well as the actual subscription to the service, is tied to the Apple ID and cannot be transferred to a different Apple ID.

Also, unless there a really good reason to create a new Apple ID, it should be avoided, as all media purchases outside of Music are tied to the Apple ID that made them. Also Apps are forever tied to it, and will require it to update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 1:43 PM in response to wifey128

Depends on what you mean by “iMusic”.

If you mean iTunes purchases or music copied off of CDs, then you don’t have to do anything. Music purchased from the store or ripped from CD’s is not tied to an Apple ID.

If you mean music from the Apple Music subscription service then you can’t. The created playlists as well as the actual subscription to the service, is tied to the Apple ID and cannot be transferred to a different Apple ID.

Also, unless there a really good reason to create a new Apple ID, it should be avoided, as all media purchases outside of Music are tied to the Apple ID that made them. Also Apps are forever tied to it, and will require it to update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.