Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac reboot causes Apple ID and Phone Number notifications across all devices

I have a M1 Mac Mini running Monterey as a media server. Anytime something causes a reboot (system crash, power outage, etc.) I get notifications on all my devices that a new Mac is using my Apple ID and Phone Number in Messages. I am not logged into Messages on this Mac because it's just a media server, but I am logged into my iCloud account. I have no idea how to make these messages go away.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 3:45 PM

Hello cmp101,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when your Mac mini restarts you see the message on other devices that a new Mac is using your Apple ID for FaceTime and Messages. Have you checked the two apps on your Mac to make sure they're not signed in? Here's how:

Sign in to or out of FaceTime on Mac

Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac

Keep us posted.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 3:45 PM in response to cmp101

Hello cmp101,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when your Mac mini restarts you see the message on other devices that a new Mac is using your Apple ID for FaceTime and Messages. Have you checked the two apps on your Mac to make sure they're not signed in? Here's how:

Sign in to or out of FaceTime on Mac

Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac

Keep us posted.

Take care.

Mac reboot causes Apple ID and Phone Number notifications across all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.