Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer text messages to new apple id

Hi, my email was cut off unexpectedly by my ex - didn't know he had that ability. I only have my text history on my current phone under my old email apple id. How do I transfer it to my new phone under my new apple id?

I found a way to keep my notes, I think, but if anyone knows an easier way, that would be awesome too.

Thanks,

Movin' on!

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 5:21 PM

Can you change the email address used on your current Apple ID? Will that work?

You can change your Apple ID email address on your current Apple ID so you retain access to your data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 5:21 PM in response to TheWrightMom

Can you change the email address used on your current Apple ID? Will that work?

You can change your Apple ID email address on your current Apple ID so you retain access to your data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

transfer text messages to new apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.