Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop icloud sign in screen pop up on windows PC

Started about 3 weeks ago & occurs at least every 2 minutes. Shows old Apple ID that cannot be erased so I can't sign in on this pop up screen. I can, however, sign in to ICloud with correct ID when this is happening. Occurs relentlessly. It has popped up several times while I am typing this question. I have to close out the pop up every time, and then it returns shortly.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 6:38 PM

FYI: After an hour on the phone + screen sharing, I am finally free of the pop up window! I'm so grateful for the suggestion to call Apple support since I think I'd still be going crazy with the pop up without the extensive help I got this morning.

4 replies

Jan 19, 2023 5:18 PM in response to Tekno_dummy

Hey there Tekno_dummy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, are you being asked to sign in to a previous Apple ID email that you changed? If so, did you follow the steps in the following resource after changing the Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

If so, based on the information you've provided, the best option would be to reach out to Apple Support directly from this link here: Get Support - Apple

They would be the best option to take a closer look into the issue from here.

Best regards.

Jan 20, 2023 7:04 PM in response to Chris_V89

Hi Chris_V89,

Thanks for your response. I'm being asked to sign in with a previous email that was a part of my Apple ID for years until some months ago--I changed to a new ID and that pre-dated my icloud pop up issues by several months. Although I didn't know I was supposed to do anything after changing my ID, the correct ID shows up on my phone and I can use the new ID to sign in to icloud.com on my windows pc. As I think I noted, the email on the popup can't be changed, but I can select something saying I have forgotten my apple ID or password. But I am very leery of trying to set up something totally new when it's the popup that's the problem. I read somewhere that I should download an iCloud for windows app, but I've been unsuccessful at that & don't know how that would help since I can sign in to icould.com on my pc. Anyway, I am now going to follow your advice and contact Apple support. I just went to our state's only Apple store earlier in the week about a phone issue--can't believe I didn't ask about this annoying problem when I was there! Thanks so much for being willing to try to help.

How to stop icloud sign in screen pop up on windows PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.