Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

iCloud app causing Windows 11 performance problems

I have an IBM laptop running Windows 11. After installing the iCloud app (cloud access for my iCloud files and the iCloud password extension), my computer suffers from incurable performance problems — it takes 2-3 minutes to open a file from Windows Explorer or, for that matter, to bring up a menu after right-clicking on an icon in Windows Explorer. Any ideas as to what would be causing the problem?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 11:44 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 15, 2024 10:40 AM in response to PaulStockman

Realize this thread is dated, but this exact issue happened to me recently. Windows 11 explorer would hang for up to 30 seconds when I tried to double-click a file or a folder. I checked the Administrative events in the Windows 11 Event Viewer and saw this DCOM error when i performed those operations.

The server {1454BEE1-EC6D-4D38-BCFD-1DA1F91BA46E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. I searched in the registry (using regedit.exe) with the server Id above and found that it was associated to the ICloud Photo context menu handler. I did NOT have photos set to sync in ICloud for Windows.

I turned on ICloud photo sync in ICloud for Windows and the issue went away.

iCloud app causing Windows 11 performance problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.