Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Find My iPhone button on my Apple Watch is gone

I could swipe up on my watch screen & hit the find my phone button…it is gone after I updated!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 7:28 PM

A quick press and release of the flat oval side button will bring up the Control Center

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/control-center-apd06bc15da1/watchos

The iPhone ping icon should be in the list of icons.

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the Emergency calling display.

245 replies

Dec 2, 2023 8:48 PM in response to Geezlewife

This latest Watch update has eliminated a lot of features we have enjoyed and used. I have used the Find my Phone feature probably every single day … several times. The watch is on my wrist. My phone gets placed in various spots around the home and even outside. I need that feature in the watch. I will rarely if ever use the Find my Watch on the phone!

Why have you made the Watch less usable? Less convenient?

Dec 4, 2023 8:04 AM in response to a11yDev

a11yDev wrote:

The side button now brings up the Control Center instead of the bottom-up swipe, but the side button is not very tactile and may prove difficult for those with mobility issues. I feel this was a poor decision on Apple's part and should be changed back to the original.

That's a good point. You should tell Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 8, 2023 2:23 PM in response to Terry690

Terry690 wrote:

It was really stupid that Apple hid such an nice feature that enables one to find their iphone with their iwatch. It can still be done, but it is cumbersome and works only part of the time. Simply push the recessed button on the side of the watch. It does not come up on first couple of trys, but if you keep trying and keep pushing the button, eventually you will see the familiar iphone button with the sound wave symbols on the side. Very poor move Apple.

The flat oval side button has 3 functions

• Quick press and release brings up Control Center (what used to be Swipe Up)
  • Quick Double press and release brings up Apple Pay and the Apple Wallet
  • Press and Hold for about 5-6 seconds brings up Emergency services display.

Please tell Apple what you would like to see in future versions via

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Nov 27, 2023 1:10 PM in response to iphonebuttonfindmy

iphonebuttonfindmy wrote:

Why is the find my iphone button gone from my apple watch after the new IOS was installed.
Have to go find my device app, look for my iphone icon, play sound (which takes over a minute to play the sound).

Please bring back the slide up from my apple watch and install the button back.

It is not gone. It just moved to the flat oval side button (see picture). DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the Emergency calling display. Just a single tap and release.

If the iPhone ping button is not there, then scroll to the end of the list, and tap "Edit" where you can add the iPhone ping back to the Control Center list.

If you wish to tell Apple to bring back swipe up for Control Center, then send feedback to Apple via

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch

If enough users send feedback, then it is more likely it will reach a decision maker.

Nov 30, 2023 7:46 PM in response to Jerbearswife

Jerbearswife wrote:

I HATE it. I couldn’t find my phone this and couldn’t use the widget, it just kept saying button

This button

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the Emergency calling display. Just a single tap and release.

You can Tell Apple your feelings about the move from a swipe up to a button press via

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch

Dec 16, 2023 11:04 AM in response to Sueq123

Sueq123 wrote:

why is the icon gone from my Apple Watch to find my phone??? I want it back. The reason I bought the watch is because of the extra things the watch did and now you are taking them away??? Hopefully there is a way to get it back ???

I take it you did not read BobHarris's "Best Reply" at the top of every page of this thread.

A quick press and release of the flat oval side button will bring up the Control Center

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

The iPhone ping icon should be in the list of icons.

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the Emergency calling display.

Dec 4, 2023 7:27 AM in response to pcniles

pcniles wrote:

However—to Apple techs: Just like with the switching of watch faces, you have now added an extra step to use a feature that only took one swipe previously.

Apple does not read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

How is one button press more steps than one swipe up?

Feb 9, 2024 2:36 PM in response to Sanjay Sesodia

Yes, specific and wrong. On more that one level.

• It is NOT less convenient, it is MORE convenient, because it now works with any app using the screen, not just a watch face
  • It is EXACTLY the same number of actions to activate as a swipe up - old: Swipe Up; new: Press button; if anything, less effort than swiping
  • And in some cases it is less actions to activate:
  • Old: Press the Digital Crown to go back to a watch face, then swipe up
  • New: regardless of what is displayed, Press button
  • I’m really happy you liked the location, but I didn’t - your likes don’t dictate what other people like.

Find My iPhone button on my Apple Watch is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.