Apple Watch and iPhone - how to stop synchronized alarm clock

Since I’m quite the heavy sleeper I would like to stop the alarm clock on my Apple Watch but still keep track of my sleep cycle. However I can’t find a solution on the internet for my problem. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 3:15 PM

Had the same issue!! Apple watch alarm got me hitting snoozing all the time..

I found a way: Go to Watch app on iPhone —> scroll down to Clock —> Push alerts from iPhone - select OFF

14 replies

Oct 28, 2023 10:27 AM in response to MarcoProblem99

MarcoProblem99 wrote:

Sorry, this is simply turning off the alarm clock for all devices.
I reread my post and I wasn’t clear.

What I like to configure:
track sleep with apple watch
get awaken by iphone alarm clock

I think it's kind of possible. But it's definitely a workaround so I suggest you test it first on a day that oversleeping won't be catestrophic. In the Watch app on your phone, go to Passcode>Unlock with iPhone and turn it off. Before you go to bed, take off your watch. Put it back on and DO NOT unlock it. Your watch should now be locked which means the alarm will still go off on the phone in the morning. As far as I can tell, the watch will still track your sleep.

Feb 5, 2024 6:50 PM in response to MarcoProblem99

Hi MarcoProblem99

Not sure if you were able to resolve your issue, but I too did not want to be waken up by my watch, tend to turn off the alarm and fall back asleep and then oversleeping. I want the alarm on my phone to wake me up, I put my phone somewhere that makes me get up and shut off the phone.

This is what I found, going to try this tonight and hope it works.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Clock > turn off Push Alerts from iPhone. To stop alerts for alarms from your iPhone from being delivered on your Apple Watch: On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Clock > turn off Push Alerts from iPhone.

Mar 12, 2024 5:07 AM in response to ShannonM1

Hi ShannonM1,

I tried your solution, and it also turned off the alarm on my iPhone. The question is, how do we stop these two from syncing?

My problem is the same as MarcoProblem99, I do not want my watch to try and wake me up, the haptics are a torture to me when I'm dreaming. I want to be awaken by my phone, not my watch.

If that is not possible it's a real dealbreaker.

Thanks

Oct 27, 2023 2:15 PM in response to MarcoProblem99

Hello MarcoProblem99,

What you're wanting to do would not be possible "If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked", per the resource below.

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you would like to leave feedback on this subject, you can do so with this link: Feedback - Watch - Apple

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Oct 27, 2023 1:15 PM in response to MarcoProblem99

Hello MarcoProblem99,

You can disable the alarm even when using the sleep mode on your Apple Watch. Per Track your sleep with Apple Watch - Apple Support:

1. Open the Sleep app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap the Wake Up Alarm button.
3. To set a new wake-up time, tap the wake-up time, turn the Digital Crown to set a new time, then tap the Check button.
4. If you don’t want your Apple Watch to wake you in the morning, turn off Alarm.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Oct 27, 2023 1:28 PM in response to ShannonM1

Sorry, this is simply turning off the alarm clock for all devices.

I reread my post and I wasn’t clear.

What I like to configure:

track sleep with apple watch

get awaken by iphone alarm clock

I am not certain this is even possible due to the when wearing apple watch it will track my sleep but also try to wake me in the morning. It isn’t possible to let my iphone wake me, is it?

May 30, 2024 8:45 AM in response to nonsononico

This workaround still doesn’t work. I did it last night and still got barely woken up my Apple Watch. I want to be able to wear my watch to bed for sleep tracking but have to physically get out of bed to turn off my iPhone alarm (otherwise I keep hitting snooze) Is there no way to fix it? The ONLY reason I have this watch is for the Sleep Stages.

May 31, 2024 11:10 AM in response to simi228

simi228 wrote:

No I didn’t. I’m sorry, your comment got lost in the thread. I tried the “best reply” and all the other comments that seemed to echo it.

The new voting system seems to often highlight the most popular posts rather than ones with actionable suggests (good or bad). I recognize that what I suggested is a workaround, not a solution.

You may also want to let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

I’ll try it tonight and report back.

Best of luck.

Mar 12, 2024 6:18 AM in response to Franssu

Franssu wrote:

Hi ShannonM1,

I tried your solution, and it also turned off the alarm on my iPhone. The question is, how do we stop these two from syncing?
My problem is the same as MarcoProblem99, I do not want my watch to try and wake me up, the haptics are a torture to me when I'm dreaming. I want to be awaken by my phone, not my watch.
If that is not possible it's a real dealbreaker.

Did you try the workaround I suggested above?

May 30, 2024 8:59 AM in response to simi228

simi228 wrote:

This workaround still doesn’t work. I did it last night and still got barely woken up my Apple Watch. I want to be able to wear my watch to bed for sleep tracking but have to physically get out of bed to turn off my iPhone alarm (otherwise I keep hitting snooze) Is there no way to fix it? The ONLY reason I have this watch is for the Sleep Stages.

Did you try the workaround I suggested in this thread back in October?

Jun 1, 2024 8:24 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I tried your workaround and it did work to separate my iPhone alarm from my Apple Watch so that I could hear my iPhone alarm clearly. The only problem is that even though I wore my watch to bed, there was no Sleep Stages data - which, along with the fitness tracking, are my main reasons for my interest in the Watch. Very disappointing. I don’t really have time to try a million workarounds and find the Watch pretty distracting otherwise, so unfortunately it’s going back. Thanks for your help!

Apple Watch and iPhone - how to stop synchronized alarm clock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.