How to stop iCloud from removing local files

I have my Lightroom library in my Pictures folder, which syncs to iCloud. This is good. I want a backup.

However, it is CONSTANTLY deleting the local files and putting a little cloud icon next to the file, which causes Lightroom to see the picture or the entire library as "corrupt".

"Optimize Storage" is not enabled.

How can I keep a backup/mirror of these files on iCloud without it constantly and unilaterally making the decision to delete my files and make them unusable? Without this, iCloud is unusable and I'd have to just get a different service.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 21, 2024 12:27 PM in response to AlexSonne81

I have same issue with passwords storage. On my PC I have password manager program, which store passwords in encrypted file, which I can open on my iPhone with mobile app. Everything works perfectly with Google Drive. But when I tried to use iCloud in the same way, I found that on iPhone I have to download passwords file every time when it was updated from other device. So, is it native behavior of iCloud Drive in iPhone, or I missed some setting?

How to stop iCloud from removing local files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.