How can I fix my AirPods Max connection issues?

My AirPods Max have stopped connecting to my devices I have tried to reset them and I’ve tried to let the battery drain but still nothing I also did forget device in Bluetooth but now they don’t come up at all it’s annoying because I’ve had them just over a year so the warranty has just expired if anyone can suggest something else I’ll be grateful

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirPods Max

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 5:33 PM

4 replies

May 19, 2024 10:52 PM in response to —Eva—

—Eva— Said:

"AirPods Max not connecting: My AirPods Max have stopped connecting to my devices I have tried to reset them and I’ve tried to let the battery drain but still nothing I also did forget device in Bluetooth but now they don’t come up at all it’s annoying because I’ve had them just over a year so the warranty has just expired if anyone can suggest something else I’ll be grateful"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

D. If connecting to a Mac...

Reset the Bluetooth Module:

Bluetooth may be in a constant loop of not being able to connect.  Go Here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

May 19, 2024 10:28 PM in response to —Eva—

After 2 weeks of constant resetting of my AirPods Max, forgetting the device, letting it drain fully, recharging it to 100%, and total silence from Apple Support on the matter, I finally discovered a solution that works.

Tools you'll need - a SIM ejector tool or paperclip. Removing the ear cups from the headband and physically reconnecting them worked for me and my AirPods Max is back to normal. There's plenty of YouTube vides that show you how to remove the headband.

Why it worked? I suspect is the latest firmware updated may have screwed up my APM and resetting with the buttons is merely a software reboot. By disconnecting the earcups from the headband, you actually disconnect the battery on one side to the other logic board. Reattaching them seems to force a hardware reboot and resync. Just need to pair them again with your iPhone/iPad and you're good to go.

May 20, 2024 7:21 AM in response to k1wi

—Eva— Said:

"AirPods Max not connecting: The above post relates to general Airpods/Pro, not the Max. Apple Support isn't really helpful when it's out of warranty. You either have to pay a service fee and be told to buy a new unit on a $600 paid of noise cancelling headphones.

———-

Use Over-the-Ear Heatsets:

It would apply 100%. Go for a new pair. But, if you perform calling quite frequently, then a Plantronics headset indeed is an option. Watching the news, you see people using AirPods all the time, and then they fail or just pop right out and the snes segment is closed by the news anchor. So go for over-the-ear headsets, which is what Plantronics is more ideal for, IMHO.

How can I fix my AirPods Max connection issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.