How to increase size of all elements in macOS?

Hi, guys!

Can someone remind where the slider gone that provides opportunity to change the size of everything on Mac screen? I mean there was a slider that provided opportunity to select global scale of elements on the desktop. As far as I remember it was on the display tab - but it's not anymore.

(I mean not the resolution or text size bar - there was kind of global setting that made everything on the screen larger or smaller, all elements.)

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 15, 2024 12:03 AM

10 replies

May 21, 2024 8:58 AM in response to Alejandro_64

Alejandro_64 wrote:

Thank you! No, that's not what I was looking for.

Just for clarification - found a screenshot of the option I seek (older macOS)

It didn't change physical native resolution - just increased scale of the displayed elements.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/1a3a07e2-293e-4fa9-8e93-bae13f1463be

The interface is not exactly the same.

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display

Fix overscan or underscan on your TV or projector - Apple Support

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Connect a display to your Mac - Apple Support

You can submit your Apple Feedback here:  http://www.apple.com/feedback 

May 15, 2024 9:50 AM in response to Alejandro_64

Alejandro_64 wrote:

Hi, guys!

Can someone remind where the slider gone that provides opportunity to change the size of everything on Mac screen? I mean there was a slider that provided opportunity to select global scale of elements on the desktop. As far as I remember it was on the display tab - but it's not anymore.

(I mean not the resolution or text size bar - there was kind of global setting that made everything on the screen larger or smaller, all elements.)

Everything ?

Accessibilities >> Display >> Text Size >>

Notation .. This will apply to Support Applications and not the Whole System

It Does have the illusive Slider one refers to earlier

May 15, 2024 9:43 AM in response to Alejandro_64

Alejandro_64 wrote:

Hi, guys!

Slider...not sure about this

there are keyboard shortcuts...(?)

Command + larger

Command - smaller

Command 0 default size

May 21, 2024 1:59 AM in response to PRP_53

Well, yes. You understood my need correctly. I found that myself alredy - but changing resolution only a half-solution.

Everything becomes blurred and fonts are not so crispy and sharp.

Ever before there WAS means to scale globally. Well, on my older machines there WAS a global scaling feature. Maybe in Monterey or Big Sur.

I just can't believe such a a potent feature was removed. Maybe we just dont understand each other? Unlikely though - setting reslution does exactly what I ask for but in a crippled way...

How to increase size of all elements in macOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.