HELP I GOT SHAMPOO INTO MY IPADS 6gen MIC AND JACK-

I’d really appreciate some help because I DONT KNOW what to do anymore.. I was on my way home from my boyfriend and once I was on the train I’ve noticed the shampoo From the plastic bag had leaked and it soaked the top of my iPads 6gen’s headphone jack and its microphone.. I’ve tried several methods to clean it but none of them worked.. now it’s stuck in “headphone’s” mode.. and the microphone doesn’t pic up any sound or even frequency anymore..the microphone sounds like I’m in under water but only when I have my headphones connected.. without it it’s nothing.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 20, 2024 12:37 PM

10 replies

May 20, 2024 1:39 PM in response to Cadenceipads

That’s a risk with any electronic device and liquids. Ideally, you wouldn’t store liquids in the same place you would an electronic device or if you have to you would put the liquid in something that could prevent leaks (like a plastic ziplock bag or something). It’s a lesson learned although unfortunately it’s a pretty expensive one.

May 20, 2024 1:55 PM in response to Cadenceipads

Cadenceipads wrote:

.. a part of my dreams just broke here.. I worked hard to get this iPad which was even used before I got it.. because my family didn’t had enough money to buy it when I was younger and after 8 years, I had the chance to get it to make my dreams come true as an artist.. now its all lost because of a leaked shampoo bottle..

If the microphone is the only thing that doesn't work, you can continue to use the iPad for all the other things it does.

May 21, 2024 7:12 AM in response to KaeBFly

KaeBFly wrote:

Ummm….I was responding to a thread I was already actively participating in. No one is intentionally repeating comments made by others but even if I were….I did nothing wrong. Going out of your way to make this comment… “is kind of pointless”.

I get that you were reiterating and expanding on what I had said. I said the OP could use it for things that didn't require the microphone. You responded to them saying they also couldn't use the headphone jack. Seems like a very reasonable reply to me and hardly "pointless".

HELP I GOT SHAMPOO INTO MY IPADS 6gen MIC AND JACK-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.