Date & time: date getting hidden in macOS 12

I have my Display set to default on my 13" MacBook Pro Early 2015 Retina. I like to see the date in my Menu Bar because otherwise I won't know what date it is. In macOS 12, when I'm working in Google Chrome, the number of menu headers in Google Chrome plus the number of icons I have in my Menu Bar make it so that macOS 12 hides the date and just says "Mon 1:11 PM" (example). If I switch over to Finder, which has fewer menu headers, it'll say "Mon May 20 1:11 PM" as I'd like it to. How do I make it stop hiding the date when I'm in an app that has more menu headers, like Google Chrome?

What I mean by "menu headers" is:

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on May 20, 2024 1:13 PM

9 replies

May 20, 2024 3:54 PM in response to ykt28403

I held down the Opt key, it didn't let me know what the actual display dimensions are, just "default", "more space", etc.

Mojave used to let me see the date & time all the time. It's only been since updating to OS 12 that it's been doing this. I'd just like the option to decide for myself if I want to see the date rather than having that decided for me, with no option to set it how I want it.

Date & time: date getting hidden in macOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.