unable to add any cards to Apple Pay

I have been unable to add any of my debit or credit cards to Apple Pay for nearly 6 months now. Every time I go to add the card I get the error message card not added and to contact the bank. The banks all say that everything is fine and I should have no issue with adding my card. The cards add perfectly fine to my spouse’s iPhone 12 but on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, I am unable to add any of them even cards that were in my wallet previously prior to upgrading. I have been going back-and-forth with Apple support and the banks and Apple is telling me that I need to have the banks escalate to the payment network operator (PNO) however I am getting a lot of pushback from the bank and the customer service representatives do not want to escalate. Can anybody please help with what I need to do in order to get this fixed? I have restored my iPhone back to the original settings as well as downloaded the iOS back onto the phone as per Apple support, but the issue is still not fixed. Thank you.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 20, 2024 8:25 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2024 4:55 AM in response to jeffw0307

Each device is treated individually in regard to adding a payment method. Just because a card can be added to one device is no indication it should be added to another device. A prime example is having a card added to your device is approved but your bank declines adding a card to a fraudster’s device.

Are you using a new Apple ID on the iPhone 15 PM? Are you using the iPhone daily and carrying it with you? Have you signed in and purchased anything from iTunes or App Store? Do you make calls and or send texts from the iPhone?

May 21, 2024 4:29 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Yes, my iPhone is my primary device which I use every day. The cards were added on my old iPhone 12 before I upgraded and have never been able to get added to the new phone. I have even gone to the Genius Bar and they have tried as well and could not get the cards to add. The genius bar agents referred me back to the Apple Pay department and told me to get all new cards which I did and even the new cards will not add. They even tried with a different iPhone and a brand new Apple ID and the cards still would not add. I have also tried adding the cards straight from my bank app as there is an option to add the cards to my mobile wallet and it still gives me errors.

unable to add any cards to Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.