Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Can I use my old email for new Apple ID ?

Hi everyone, I had an iPhone two years ago. Then I changed my phone and deleted my ID Apple. Nevertheless, I got an iPad later so I created another ID with a new email since the old one associated to the previous ID wasn't available. Is that ok? My question is: the old ID Apple is cancelled, right? Why couldn't I use the old mail for the new ID?

Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on May 21, 2024 7:13 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2024 9:56 AM in response to _user24_

You can change your Apple ID email address to a new one. This will keep all your app purchase info, subscriptions and iCloud data.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You cannot change the Apple ID to an email address that had previously been used for an Apple ID, and that includes one that you had deleted. You should always change your Apple ID email address using that link, instead of creating a brand new one. When creating a brand new one, there is no way to merge the data that you had in your previous Apple ID.

May 21, 2024 9:56 AM in response to _user24_

_user24_ wrote:

My question is: the old ID Apple is cancelled, right?

Not necessarily. Unless you directly requested deletion of the Apple ID to Apple when you changed phones, they do not just automatically stop existing or be cancelled. You need to actually go through the deletion process with Apple and even then the email may not become available.

Logging out of an Apple ID from a device does not delete the Apple ID.

click here ➜ How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Why couldn't I use the old mail for the new ID?

If the email address is still tied to the old Apple ID it will not be available for use for another Apple ID.

Even if the Apple ID is deleted as shown above, the associated email address may not become available for use with another Apple ID for a while.

Can I use my old email for new Apple ID ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.