My 7th generation iPad went blank on me and will not power on after a battery replacement either

My 7th generation iPad went blank on me and would not hold a charge. Took it to a place to have them put new battery in. New battery is not the answer. Any ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 21, 2024 1:17 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2024 4:09 PM in response to kobiebear

It’s possible the place you went to wasn’t using or trying a genuine Apple battery (especially if they weren’t an authorized repair facility). Regardless…if they weren’t an authorized repair facility they voided any chance of you getting help from Apple directly at this point. If it isn’t holding a charge and a new battery truly isn’t the solution then that would likely mean something else more significant damage wise. This is assuming you checked to make sure the charging cable and/or adapter you were using were still functioning correctly. Port could be damaged. Liquid damage could have caused internal damage. Who knows. But if you can’t get a real diagnosis from Apple or an authorized repair facility anymore and wherever you took it wasn’t capable of recognizing any issues outside of just being able to open up and install a battery you might just have to get a new iPad.

My 7th generation iPad went blank on me and will not power on after a battery replacement either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.