Can't get Yahoo Mail added to iPhone Mail App

I am not able to add Yahoo to my iPhone. I already followed the following directions:

1: Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.

2: Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
3: Enter your email address and password.
4: If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
5: If you see Save, tap Save.

But after successfully authenticating, it starts to think then just suddenly goes back to the add "Add Account" screen and when I check the mail app, Yahoo is still not added.

I have the same problem as this previous question, but it was not answered sufficiently and the author never replied.

Yahoo Email account not adding to mail - Apple Community

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2023 2:47 PM

I'm having the same problem on an iphone 14 Pro Max. Yahoo was slow syncing to my IOS mail app, so I followed Yahoo's advice and deleted the account. But no I can't restore it to the IOS mail app. The Yahoo app is working.

My suspicion is it's a Yahoo issue. They want folks to use the Yahoo app so you have to look at the ads.

I'm about ready to quit the Yahoo mailbox I've used for 20 years. What a crappy outfit.

But if anyone has a solution, I'd love to get it.

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2023 2:47 PM in response to sure9876

I'm having the same problem on an iphone 14 Pro Max. Yahoo was slow syncing to my IOS mail app, so I followed Yahoo's advice and deleted the account. But no I can't restore it to the IOS mail app. The Yahoo app is working.

My suspicion is it's a Yahoo issue. They want folks to use the Yahoo app so you have to look at the ads.

I'm about ready to quit the Yahoo mailbox I've used for 20 years. What a crappy outfit.

But if anyone has a solution, I'd love to get it.

Nov 22, 2023 1:32 PM in response to sure9876

As above, despite deleting my yahoo account on the iphone, adding new account, successfully adding password, my login being recognised on a desktop, the iphone kept just kicking me out to the email menu page. I managed to solve it by manually adding by yahoo account using IMAP (rather than select yahoo from email provider options, select other). If you look on your yahoo account from a desktop, there is a ? mark symbol next to the settings option on your desktop. Select this, then select the 'download your email from yahoo mail with IMAP' option. Enter the details on that page into your iphone. Now this didn't actually work to begin with. It added an account but wouldn't draw through any emails. However, I then tried readding my yahoo account again to the iphone but using the 'standard' method... selecting yahoo from the list of email providers etc. After adding all the correct details again.... it pushed through where it was previously failing and gave me the option to save. I then deleted the IMAP account (it will show as a 2nd or 3rd account etc and is clearly listed as IMAP). Emails then loaded fine as before. Not sure if you'll have success with this but it certainly worked for me. Clearly as issue at Yahoo's end. Good luck.

Feb 7, 2024 1:31 PM in response to sure9876

I had this exact issue that whenever I would try log into my yahoo on my mail it would kick me off and not let me save when all my details were correct. I tried doing the username method and the adding it with IMAP in the 'other' section but that also didn't work. The only method that worked for me was going to add mail through yahoo but clicking forgot password instead and changing my password which automatically signed me in and allowed me to save. I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Jan 17, 2024 3:36 PM in response to Revolut1onary

This actually seems to have worked for me so far. I just did it and 11 emails from the last 1 hour came in that were not there when I went in and DELETED the Yahoo! Account and the did exactly what you said, I traded the Yahoo! Mail Account without the @yahoo.com at the end. Just used the “UserName”! Thanks! Just with it hadn’t taken 4 searches, 2 search engines, 7 threads and over 100 comments to find yours which actually worked.

Sep 14, 2023 12:23 PM in response to sure9876

I am replying to the yahoo not loading on iphone issue. I restarted my phone; etc, etc. Tried to add it, several times.

Than I checked with ChatGPT on my phone and went to email the results to myself for future reference and I couldn't of course because I had deleted the yahoo account which was recommended when I researched the initial problem(not connecting to the server). Anyway I was prompted from here to add a mail account and VOILA, I was able to SAVE. Can't take credit for anything because it was all by pure accident. Who knows if adding the account through trying to send an email after the account is deleted actually did anything but it worked for me.

Can't get Yahoo Mail added to iPhone Mail App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.